¿Cuánto dura una tutoria?July 24, 2020
Why hire a tutor?July 26, 2020
What is an academic tutor?
Tutors use the knowledge and expertise they have in a specific area to teach students outside of the classroom, in fact. These professionals can work with a single student or with a group of them.
The services of a tutor are required when the student presents difficulties in a certain subject. In turn, these professionals have the option of working independently or independently, in which case they teach at home or at the residence of their students.
The most common functions of an academic tutor include the following.
Give private individual or group classes:
- Improve the academic performance of their students through study and practice.
- Review the material and the lessons given in class.
- Discuss texts, solve problems, and review assignments.
- Provide clear and concise explanations of the topic.
- Respond to student questions in a concise and assertive manner.
- Evaluate the progress of the students throughout the class sessions.
- Reward students through recognition and feedback.
Develop alternative approaches to teaching struggling students:
- Identify the individual learning and behavioral needs of the students and respond to their particularities, skills and abilities
- Provide assistance to both students and their parents applying alternative strategies and guide them, if necessary, in the preparation of their tasks and projects.
Schedule and plan study sessions and counseling with students:
- Set up sessions with the students and their parents.
- Prepare classes to meet needs and meet student objectives.
- Investigate in textbooks and other recommended materials.
- Organize the environment in which the class will be taught to ensure
maximum productivity and learning:
- Coordinate previously with educational centers, libraries and community centers to make use of their facilities.
- Apply a variety of teaching techniques, such as modeling, observation questioning, among others.